For more information about voting and how to register, please visit the Georgia Secretary of State website at http://www.sos.georgia.gov/
Gwinnett County Voter Registration
Visit the Gwinnett County Voter Registration Website, if you need information on:
- Early and Advance Voting
- Elections schedule
- How to register to vote
- Poll Official Training
- Polling Place locator
- Sample Ballots
- And much more
Additional Information on all Georgia Counties:
Where can I register to vote?
Georgia citizens have access to several convenient methods of registering to vote:
You can do it online by clicking here to register as a voter in the State of Georgia.
* If you are a naturalized citizen you may not be able to register online. If this is the case please call us at 1-888-54-GALEO (42536)
Contact your local county board of registrars’ office or election office, public library, public assistance office, recruitment office, local schools and other government offices for a mail-in registration form.
Registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver’s license at Department of Motor Vehicle Safety drivers license posts.
College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the necessary forms to register in any state in the U.S., from their school registrar’s office or from the office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
What IDs are acceptable?
- Acceptable Identification: Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 21-2-417) requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person.
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a FREE Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
What is a Free Voter Identification Card?
- If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a FREE Voter Identification Card. An identification card can be issued at any county registrar’s office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge. To Receive a voter identification card, the voter must provide:
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful presence in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Furnish the original Certificate of Eligibility (DDS-579) obtained from DDS.
- All documents must be in English.
*PLEASE NOTE: You are not required to provide identification when you vote absentee by mail.
If you have any questions, need assistance, or want more information, please call: 1-888-54-GALEO (42536).